Reorganized zeh mug cabinet, so, naturally, this ensued. 😏🤗 Heartfelt thanks to the thoughtful folks who have gifted me these gems over the years. I really do use EVERY ONE, IN THIS ORDER.
(Though, full disclosure, the #dorothyparker "Time Doth Flit" can be used before/after every one.)
The #writingprocess -- my most beloved and loyal employer -- follows the arch of all great love stories:
1. Big, VAGUE ambition drenched in hope.
2. This has been fun, magical even... but seriously. Where has the time gone?!?
3. Now that I figured it out, this is...SPECTACULAR. They are going to LOVE IT. No one, NO ONE, can do what I do! I'm in love; I'm a god; the world is mine! I really should charge more.
4. But I could be wrong. What if I'm deeply, GRAVELY wrong? What if I've killed the actual darlings and preserved the actual dolts?
5. Whatever. Now it must be completed and completed properly. This is a trade, a skilled service, a specialized commodity. We live in a real world with real problems and the answer, as always, is real work.
6. Hit send! Invoice! What a high; what a ride; what a life! Hope they love it. Hope they pay me quickly. Hope I make more next time. Hope "next time" arrives so soon. You know what, Honey? I'm gonna coffee up. Dabble with that idea I told you about. Not dive in, just dabble. If I crack it right, it could be... epic.